Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished updating the garage. It's a simple 2 car attached. Repainted all walls/ceiling/and trim, applied rustoleum epoxy floor with flakes, and brand new cabinets and tool boxes.

Serious suggestions, what else should I get for my man/car cave?

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Wow, very nice, I love it.

I have been wanting to do my garage floor in epoxy for so long now.

This appears to be that pebble-tech stuff I've seen advertised before.

Any reason why you decided on this instead of epoxy?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
119 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, very nice, I love it.

I have been wanting to do my garage floor in epoxy for so long now.

This appears to be that pebble-tech stuff I've seen advertised before.

Any reason why you decided on this instead of epoxy?
This is actually the 2.5 car garage rustoleum epoxy floor kit. Got it from lowes. The kit was $117-ish (did 1 coat) and I did 2 separate coats of the clear epoxy floor sealant or gloss clear coat. Each coat was about $105. The first coat would probably suffice for basic flake protection, but I could still feel the rough edges of the flakes so a second coat of the clear gloss really helped smoothen it out. I can still feel texture from the flakes but no jagged edges. A much smoother floor.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
This is actually the 2.5 car garage rustoleum epoxy floor kit. Got it from lowes. The kit was $117-ish (did 1 coat) and I did 2 separate coats of the clear epoxy floor sealant or gloss clear coat. Each coat was about $105. The first coat would probably suffice for basic flake protection, but I could still feel the rough edges of the flakes so a second coat of the clear gloss really helped smoothen it out. I can still feel texture from the flakes but no jagged edges. A much smoother floor.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I think that's super cool you did it on your own too! ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the info. I think that's super cool you did it on your own too! ;)
Thanks! I'd say as far as difficulty its not more than a 6 out of 10. Prep work takes a lot of patience. I did a floor degreaser with a scrub brush and power washer twice, then the acid bath wash that comes with the kit and a third power wash. That had to dry for almost a full day and a half, then the epoxy goes on no different then painting a wall. Just a roller brush and a paint tray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts