Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, hello fellow optima owners

I was away for two days and left my optima in the private park way. Flat, no hill.

I left the car with half a tank according to the gauge.

So today i went to take the car for a ride (bc i missed her), and i pushed to start, and the EMPTY FUEL light was flashing.

So i turned off the car and turned it back on after 3 minutes.

Same thing.. flashing empty.

So i said okay gotta go fill her up.. I started reversing the car and bam the Fuel Reader reported Half again. back to normal.

Anyone else experience this?

Should i take it in, or wait and see if it happens again.

- Only 2800KM on the car!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wait and see if it happens again, because if you take it to the dealership and they don't see it happening then they cant fix it, unless there is an error code they can plug the diagnostic computer into.

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
Someone else experienced something similar. It can only be one of two things:

1. bad conection
2. faulty fuel sender unit

As stated above, wait until it becomes fairly regular and then take it in and get it fixed.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Also, get some video proof if you can. Just to show the dealer this is happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was the sending unit. They ordered the part and now just waiting for time to take my car in to get fix.

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
Am I good or what:D

Not even a car mechanic but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see this is a really old post but it’s happening to my 2013 also. Check engine light comes in with it intermittently. Code P0464- fuel level sensor error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts