·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is proud to present to the Optima community

The Front/Rear Park Distance Control Sensor Kit

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Help lessen the chance of hitting the front or rear of your vehicle on curbs or other vehicles when parking
This complete kit comes with everything you need to add front & or rear parking sensors to your ride
Features (4) 18.5 mm sensors that are flat black but come ready to painted if you choose
Several different options available for this kit depending on your vehicle needs
Intelligent ECU module with audible buzzer with optional LCD available
Includes the required hole saw in the kit to complete the install
Solid U.S. tech support with 1 year warranty included

Available Options:

4 sensor front system with audible beep
4 sensor rear wireless system with LCD iStyle Screen
4 sensor rear system with audible beep
8 sensor front & rear package
8 sensor front & rear wireless package with LCD Display

Vehicle Applications:

All Kia and Hyundai vehicles
Available for other makes and models
Installation Instructions found here

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody done these? I'd definitely like to add the rear sensors and possibly the front - but I'm looking for guidance on how difficult this is for someone with just some average DIY skills? How difficult is it to remove bumpers? Any guides?

·
Former Administrator
6,926 Posts
Anybody done these? I'd definitely like to add the rear sensors and possibly the front - but I'm looking for guidance on how difficult this is for someone with just some average DIY skills? How difficult is it to remove bumpers? Any guides?
Removing the bumpers is a lot easier than you think. I'll be doing a DIY for the rear sensors soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So compared to the "auto folding mirror" mod (which I've done - and felt was quite easy -- hardest part was getting the interior door panel off) -- this is obviously a BIGGER job - but what about the "difficulty level"? I guess the biggest concern to me is the bumper removal & reinstall - everything else that's involved like painting sensors, wire splicing, drilling holes in the bumper seem do-able...

If I was just installing just the "audio" version (no display) - where does one mount the speaker for front and rear? Wondering how far I have to string wires for those...

·
Former Administrator
6,926 Posts
So compared to the "auto folding mirror" mod (which I've done - and felt was quite easy -- hardest part was getting the interior door panel off) -- this is obviously a BIGGER job - but what about the "difficulty level"? I guess the biggest concern to me is the bumper removal & reinstall - everything else that's involved like painting sensors, wire splicing, drilling holes in the bumper seem do-able...

If I was just installing just the "audio" version (no display) - where does one mount the speaker for front and rear? Wondering how far I have to string wires for those...
If I understand it correctly, these parking sensors are wireless. So, there's two parts to it. The sensors, which tap into power in the back, probably from the taillight harness. And then in the front, you hook up the box that receives the sensors, and the audio speaker. All that can be in the center console, under the dash, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh - so the speakers get wired into power - or do they have a battery? I guess I was just thinking the one with a display was "wireless".

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I understand it correctly, these parking sensors are wireless. So, there's two parts to it. The sensors, which tap into power in the back, probably from the taillight harness. And then in the front, you hook up the box that receives the sensors, and the audio speaker. All that can be in the center console, under the dash, etc.
Looking forward to seeing the DIY! :cool:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stephen is flying out here to help with my drywall this upcoming weekend and we will also have time to finally get those park sensors in!
This is great news! I hope you guys are able to get it completed this weekend. Tons of customers are interested, but not many want to take on the challenge without seeing an appropriate installation guide. Super excited for the results. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Could anyone upload a sound clip of what the beeping sound sounds like? I would consider these for the front but I want a sounds that sounds close to the OEM sound for the rear sensors. Also, do these sit flush like OEM sensors or pop out a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could anyone upload a sound clip of what the beeping sound sounds like? I would consider these for the front but I want a sounds that sounds close to the OEM sound for the rear sensors. Also, do these sit flush like OEM sensors or pop out a little?

Munky should be able to help you with this as he has these installed on his Optima.

Pretty sure they sit flush, but I will let him address that as well as he can probably take a close up to show you.

·
Registered
850 Posts

As for the sound I can't help you with that. But I'm pretty sure it's not going to sound like OEM. But as for the sensors they are not flush these mount from the front which stick out just a bit. The sensors you want have to mount from the inside of the bumper to fit flush and have the "OEM" look your looking for. That's the reason I haven't bought this one myself.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As for the sound I can't help you with that. But I'm pretty sure it's not going to sound like OEM. But as for the sensors they are not flush these mount from the front which stick out just a bit. The sensors you want have to mount from the inside of the bumper to fit flush and have the "OEM" look your looking for. That's the reason I haven't bought this one myself.
**** I hate the ones that aren't flush. If they were I would've bought them

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
**** I hate the ones that aren't flush. If they were I would've bought them
So I was able to confirm that they do stick out a very small amount from the bumper, but not much at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts