Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to get a coffee after driving the majority of the night in my 30 thousand kilometre, 2020 2.4L NA Kia Optima ex. About 2 kilometres away my forward collision sensor malfunction comes on (second time in a month), I pull into the parking lot and go to reverse into a parking spot and I noticed an odd sound when I shifted.(I was fully stopped but on a downwards slope, and then I noticed my backup camera wasn’t on. I reversed a bit and went out of reverse into park, and tried to go back into reverse to see if my camera was messed and I couldn’t shift. I had to shut my car off and turn it back on to shift effortlessly in reverse. Don’t know if any of these are issues related to a single thing or a multitude of different things wrong with the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was driving to get a coffee after driving the majority of the night in my 30 thousand kilometre, 2020 2.4L NA Kia Optima ex. About 2 kilometres away my forward collision sensor malfunction comes on (second time in a month), I pull into the parking lot and go to reverse into a parking spot and I noticed an odd sound when I shifted.(I was fully stopped but on a downwards slope, and then I noticed my backup camera wasn’t on. I reversed a bit and went out of reverse into park, and tried to go back into reverse to see if my camera was messed and I couldn’t shift. I had to shut my car off and turn it back on to shift effortlessly in reverse. Don’t know if any of these are issues related to a single thing or a multitude of different things wrong with the car.
Hmm hopefully your transmission is fine, and instead it's the electronics. Have you scanned the OBDII port to see if the car generated any error codes.

Something to look into is the transmission temperature sensor going bad. More likely it's the following:
[DIY] : - KIA TRS/Inhibitor Switch Replacement (Fix for...
thank you boss! I’m gonna bring it to the auto shop I used to work at and see if they can check the codes that have popped up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts