Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was outside installing my led head lights and I got them both in. Turned on the lights and it said low beam issue on drivers side. So I reconnected the led and everything works awesome. I get in the car and I noticed the folding mirror automatic light wasn’t on. So I toggle back and forth and the mirrors don’t fold. But I can move the mirrors around. I get out the car and lock the car. Still no folding. I’m kinda stuck on what could be the problem. And I don’t see anything anywhere! Please help!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,845 Posts
Checked the fuse diagram and it indicated the power to the switch is on a circuit with other items (clock-10A) so I would assume the fuse to be good, if not other accessories wouldn't operate properly. There is a Mirrr-HTD (10A) fuse, but I would believe it to be the heated circuit only.
I would check power at the switch.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,994 Posts
If the fuse has not been blown and the mirrors work fine when you remove the LED headlights, then that would be an indication that the LED bulbs might be the issue causing the problem.

If you aren't sure if they are what are causing the issue, try removing them and see if the problem goes away.

If so, you know the issue is the LED headlights affecting the LCM (Lighting Control Module) on the vehicle. (Which I have seen happen before)

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply’s guys. Just a little insight. It’s raining out so I haven’t been able to try anything yet. But the mirrors were working then I noticed that the drivers side led didn’t look bright. So I went and unplugged the and replugged it a different way. Then when I turned the light on it said low beam issue. So I plugged it back the way I had it and everything was fine. It turned out I just didn’t screw the led in the housing all the way. I got done and locked the car and notice the mirrors won’t fold. It is kinda weird. Everything works on the mirror. Lights, I can adjust the mirror. It tilts when I go into reverse. Except the folding features. The little light that says automatic for folding mirrors doesn’t even illuminate. Very frustrating. I was kinda hoping just a bad fuse from when I reversed the connection. I just wanted to give more of a back story

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here’s an update. I put back in the oem headlights and check the 10a fuses and still the folding mirror won’t fold. But the adjusting mirror and blind spot light works. This is getting annoying. Is there a relay? There’s no noise that I hear when pressing Buttons either

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So another update. Maybe someone might have some insight. When I put my car in reverse both mirrors adjust downward and then adjust back when in drive. I can control the right mirror. But I can not control the left mirror. Now the blind spot indicator works on both mirrors. So it’s looks like I can’t fold the mirrors in and I cannot adjust the left mirror. So what’s the deal?? Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
515 Posts
Not an answer BUT to prevent added confusion ... The Side-mirrors angle-Down in Rev ONLY IF you have the Side-Mirror Adjust Rocker set to L or R (jpg shows L now) - Neutral shouldn't allow it. IF it got into N accidentally, and you noticed the Mirrors don't angle-down anymore, you'd get more confused.

Can you conform that you're watching the Side-mirrors angle down in Rev WITH the rocker-switch in - L - position as jpg shows.
That the switch affects the angle-down BUT doesn't produce Mirror adjustments might help in an expert to deduce the issue.
Also, when able make your Signature include your year and model as it (sometimes) helps you get faster & better answers when that is known

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the switch I always have set to left. And it doesn’t move. Only when putting the car in reverse. I switched it to the right and the right mirror moves.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also forgot to mention that when I have the switch to the left and try to move the mirror it still moves the right side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts