Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi . i have a 2012 kia optima . i recently got a new battery & after that , my doors stopped locking with my key fob & the buttons on the door . the only door that will lock is my driver door . after a week or two , my fog lights also started to stop working . i replaced the bulbs . & its not even showing on the dash that they are on . today they have been trying to turn on but will soon turn right back off . i dont know if its a loose wire or what . please help . was told that it was a computer module from kia & i just think its weird that it stopped working right after i got a new battery.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Yes, strange things can happen, but sometimes it's beyond believable.
On the fogs, with the ignition on, grasp the headlight stalk near the steering column
and move the stalk gingerly, forward, backwards, up, down, and see if the fog lights
momentarily come on. If so a new headlight stalk/master switch is needed, if not.......

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having.

Sounds like you might have a bad BCM (Body Control Module) from what you describe.

Do you know if that is the part they recommended replacing based on the issues you're experiencing?

-David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, strange things can happen, but sometimes it's beyond believable.
On the fogs, with the ignition on, grasp the headlight stalk near the steering column
and move the stalk gingerly, forward, backwards, up, down, and see if the fog lights
momentarily come on. If so a new headlight stalk/master switch is needed, if not.......
when i have my headlights on & im turning right , my fog lights come on . the fog lights stay on while my right turn signal is on . but once i turn my signal back off , the fog lights go off too . read it may be the multi switch & maybe some loose wirings ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts