Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Forum

Did not want to start a new thread about the same topic, but none have the specific info I've been searching.

Own a 2013 SX that from the first yr changed the fog-light to LED bulbs. All worked well until about a week ago when I noticed that the fog-light indicator in the dash was coming on and off until it did not turned anymore. Check my lights out front and sure enough, no more fog-light. Have been searching the web and youtube but there's no real answer as the fuse boxes do not show a specific fuse for the fog-lights. 1. Can anyone be specific as to where to check the fog-light before buying new one? (If there a fuse which one is it SPECIFIC)

On maybe related topic, from a time now, when turning the car ON, (starting the car) a weird noise comes from the speakers....a single crackling\electrical noise. Sometimes loud, others only noticible...2. Anyone have gone through this? Know what I'm refering to?..suggestions?...

Happy Holiday's ya'll and stay safe...#endofcovid19plz

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL 2nd engine @ 121k
178 Posts
Greetings Forum

Did not want to start a new thread about the same topic, but none have the specific info I've been searching.

Own a 2013 SX that from the first yr changed the fog-light to LED bulbs. All worked well until about a week ago when I noticed that the fog-light indicator in the dash was coming on and off until it did not turned anymore. Check my lights out front and sure enough, no more fog-light. Have been searching the web and youtube but there's no real answer as the fuse boxes do not show a specific fuse for the fog-lights. 1. Can anyone be specific as to where to check the fog-light before buying new one? (If there a fuse which one is it SPECIFIC)...
On my recently acquired '13 SXL, the only thing that does not work are, you guessed it, the fogs. The dash light turns on as if they are on but nothing. Tried looking for a fuse, see attached, but nothing really, they have to be fused, perhaps part of something larger but not separate.

Tried changing a bulb, nothing. Tried checking voltage, only got 7.5, so something is wrong and probably more expensive than I want to invest in.

So my solution is simply to wire new power wires to the bulbs and run a ground wire to a new switch I'll install in the dash. If I get crazy I could add a relay so I don't forget to turn them off.

Don't know about the speaker sound, mine doesn't do that. Happy Holidays and good luck!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,954 Posts
Multifuction stalk-Turn the headlights/fogs on and then take hold of the bottom of the stalk and move it around in/out, up/down, and see if light on dash comes on. If so get a new stalk @ $100 and about the same to install, unless you do it yourself.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Try to revert back to oem bulb (halogen) see if its fixed. optimas tend to have lighting control module, for some reason it can detect abnormality on the lighting system and switch it off for safety reasons. if it doesnt fix the problem, i believe u have a bad lighting control module

as for the crackling/spark noise coming from the speakers, i have similar prob a few months ago, anyway i changed my HU to android unit. so i didnt turn on the HU for quite some time, and i decided to check all the wirings behind the HU. all seems good, just making sure all was plugged in tight, double check, put it all back together, now it doesnt make that crackling sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts