Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Kia Optima SX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've recently noticed that I have a fluid dripping onto my driveway. I noticed the drip occurring when I just turned off the car. I reversed my car away from the puddle to investigate. It looks to be clear and cold to the touch. I bent down to see if i can spot the location of where the drip is coming from. It looks to be coming from a small tube that is in the middle of the driver side and passenger side and about equal to where the front tires are. I think this is the AC condensation drain from reviewing photos and videos online. What is puzzling is that its 60 degrees here in New York, I do not have the AC on so how can water be dripping? Any one know what this could be?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
The A/C compressor runs all the time, even when the system is off, but the system does have an automatic defog, any moisture detected,
the system will operate when the heater or a/c is on. This system is automatic and independent of any manual defog activation.

·
Premium Member
2011 Kia Optima SX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am glad to hear that this isn’t anything serious.

I tried posting a video put couldn’t. Here is a picture instead. You can see the tube where the water is dripping from.
03E10F76-DF1E-45C3-A517-48801C1AC33D.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts