2011-2018 Kia Optima (All trims)
Compatible with both single and dual exhaust systems
Compatible on vehicles using 2.5" outlet after the muffler

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,083 Posts
Definitely my next move.
A great investment IMO. Looks fantastic and does not require spending a ton on an exhaust if only looking to change up the appearance.

Can I chop off my stock tips and put these on?
Yes sir, that is the idea. :thumbsup:

However we do recommend professional installation as you may need to add a filler piece inside the oval opening of the tips to fill any gap if there is any. Something a professional muffler shop can do without any issues at all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there an advantage to welding them on? My buddy says a shop is going to want to remove the exhaust before they weld on the tips which could be 2-3 hours labour but he doesn't know the Optima in detail.

Can anyone give me an idea what a shop will charge to install these with the included parts vs welding?

Thanks

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,083 Posts
Is there an advantage to welding them on? My buddy says a shop is going to want to remove the exhaust before they weld on the tips which could be 2-3 hours labour but he doesn't know the Optima in detail.

Can anyone give me an idea what a shop will charge to install these with the included parts vs welding?

Thanks
Yes, they will fit more securely if you weld them, but you buddy is wrong though. There is no need to remove the exhaust to install these tips.

You are not tig welding these on, simply spot welding it in a few places to keep it secure. You should be looking at an hour tops for a professional shop with a lift to install these.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, they will fit more securely if you weld them, but you buddy is wrong though. There is no need to remove the exhaust to install these tips.

You are not tig welding these on, simply spot welding it in a few places to keep it secure. You should be looking at an hour tops for a professional shop with a lift to install these.
Thanks for the great news, I didn't think that would be the case, ordering these today, thanks David!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,083 Posts
Thanks for the great news, I didn't think that would be the case, ordering these today, thanks David!
You're very welcome. Thank you for your order with us as well. Got it today, and will have it shipped out today for you too!!

Please make sure to post up some pics in this thread after installing them, for others to see. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
You're very welcome. Thank you for your order with us as well. Got it today, and will have it shipped out today for you too!!

Please make sure to post up some pics in this thread after installing them, for others to see. :)
Absolutely will, I haven't taken photos since I got the car! BTW the Morimoto H7 5500K HID's turned out fantastic. :)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
6 Participants
K5 Optima Store
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing