Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heykennedy:
I have addressed this to heykennedy because he was helpful on past forums I've read but I would appreciate any help from anyone. My passenger side power mirror which folds up and unfolds (from a drivers side switch) will not fold up or unfold like my drivers side will and the motor just continues to run. I have taken off the triangle plastic piece just inside the door adjacent to the backside of the mirror, but I want to make sure it is correct to unplug the part there that appears to be connected to a motor (that I can't see), so the motor will stop. I've tried with some force and it is not moving but don't want to break it with stronger force if that's not what I should be doing. An earlier post from a KIA mechanic (Tyler Henry) said to unplug it. So far no help from youtube on next steps. Others have tried to take out the fuse and it didn't help and I even tried it to but my motor did not stop. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
heykennedy:
I have addressed this to heykennedy because he was helpful on past forums I've read but I would appreciate any help from anyone. My passenger side power mirror which folds up and unfolds (from a drivers side switch) will not fold up or unfold like my drivers side will and the motor just continues to run. I have taken off the triangle plastic piece just inside the door adjacent to the backside of the mirror, but I want to make sure it is correct to unplug the part there that appears to be connected to a motor (that I can't see), so the motor will stop. I've tried with some force and it is not moving but don't want to break it with stronger force if that's not what I should be doing. An earlier post from a KIA mechanic (Tyler Henry) said to unplug it. So far no help from youtube on next steps. Others have tried to take out the fuse and it didn't help and I even tried it to but my motor did not stop. Thanks for any help.
Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. I've consulted my cousin who have the same issue and said that he found that gear was worn-out and he just replaced with used one and it works. For me, I didn't replace until now :)

Regards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. Thanks for responding. Did you try to unplug the sensor inside the door? Mine won't budge after applying a lot of torque. Just was curious if you tried to unplug it and if so did the motor stop? Also saw where the whole outside mirror is one piece with motor inside included. Is that what you experienced when you replaced yours? What year Optima do you have and what year was your cousins?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, yeah I've disconnected mine after hard time trying to disconnect nut honestly I'm not remembering how I did it 😌...

My cousin and my car are the same, Optima 2015. As he said, it was only the gear connected to the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. So did disconnecting it work to stop the motor running or you were forced to buy a used one to stop the motor from running? Thanks for replying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts