Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Optima SXL
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Optima SXL with 20” tires. My last set of tires got eaten up by my fenders so I went to go get them rolled and shaved to have more clearance. I knew that it wasn’t going to completely fix the issue with hitting bumps and having my fenders slash my tires; but it was worth a try. The problem is still there however and now I just need extra advise on what the next step would be. I don’t want to get rid of the size of my tires or the look of them flaring out a bit. I was recommended coils, a better suspension, and/or even getting them cambered with fender flares. I’m not looking to do anything the cheap way, I’m just wanting to do anything that’ll help make it to where my new set of tires doesn’t get slashed by my fenders again. So any help or advise would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,107 Posts
Problem with just coils to raise the body is that you don't want the strut to reach it's fully extended length at any time, so maybe adjustable coil-overs. Got to check the various makes to see if in fact you'll be able to make the body higher than the stock suspension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts