Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing this for everyone who ends up with their trunk stuck closed, for whatever reason (Battery's dead, locked key in trunk, mechanism's jammed, etc.)

STEP 1.
Look on the left side of the trunk deck (right side if you're facing it)

This is the seat you want:

STEP 2.
Behind the headrest, in back of the seat proper, is a plastic plug with a certain symbol:

STEP 3.
Pry that plug up, and there's a jacketed cable loop inside. Pull that, and the trunk should open.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
699 Posts
Really nice of you to post the pics.
My '16 doesn't have the rear seat Trunk-Release Tab.
If you have a '14-'15 would you please post IF it's there since we know '13's do & '16's don't.?
angeladams98 didn't have it either (OP's should include their Year/Model in the Signature for (often) better answers) , so the dealer / locksmith is her only route, it appears.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really nice of you to post the pics.
My '16 doesn't have the rear seat Trunk-Release Tab.
If you have a '14-'15 would you please post IF it's there since we know '13's do & '16's don't.?
angeladams98 didn't have it either (OP's should include their Year/Model in the Signature for (often) better answers) , so the dealer / locksmith is her only route, it appears.
The '14 and '15 should have it, I just watched this video that confirms this:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.