Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
How long did it take from order placement to shipping/arrival?

I'm looking into a 12 inch panel for my 2013 LX, and I want to be sure I'm not waiting 2-3 months for it to arrive.

Lastly, will it connect to peripheral devices/run apps like navigation? The LX has no built-in navigation, so the unit would have to have its own GPS antenna...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long did it take from order placement to shipping/arrival?

I'm looking into a 12 inch panel for my 2013 LX, and I want to be sure I'm not waiting 2-3 months for it to arrive.

Lastly, will it connect to peripheral devices/run apps like navigation? The LX has no built-in navigation, so the unit would have to have its own GPS antenna...
When it come to shipping it depends on if they have it in stock in the US or have to order it from China. In my case they had to order it from China. I ordered it May 2nd, it was delivered may 26th through FedEx.

It comes with its own GPS antenna. I wired it through the dash opening during the install and across the top of the windshield so it sits above the rearview mirror. Looks factory. No wires hanging or visible.

I have Google maps and Waze that I downloaded through the Google play store on the head unit. There are also SD card slots to load data for different gps apps.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
OK, that is awesome.

One last thing: Can you connect it to an external Bluetooth device, such as a GPS HUD, or headset?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure to be honest. There are two different Bluetooth modes. One of which is for music/audio.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
596 Posts
@vrodri15: Congrats on a nice looking system!
Since you did your install can you advise or make an educated guess HOW a guy in the 3rd Gen Forum can troubleshoot - No Audio - out of his speakers?
Says everything works but No Audio (ie) can you stick a probe into the "head's" (ie) Audio Out jack & confirm IF a signal is there Or Measure good/No signal at a Junction box where the speaker connections mate? Since all speakers are out it seems like the Problem has to be in a small area to test.

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
115 Posts
Looks sharp must check this out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@vrodri15: Congrats on a nice looking system!
Since you did your install can you advise or make an educated guess HOW a guy in the 3rd Gen Forum can troubleshoot - No Audio - out of his speakers?
Says everything works but No Audio (ie) can you stick a probe into the "head's" (ie) Audio Out jack & confirm IF a signal is there Or Measure good/No signal at a Junction box where the speaker connections mate? Since all speakers are out it seems like the Problem has to be in a small area to test.

I have no idea. It was really just plug n play. I used one of the included adapters and viola. There are additional cables and connectors for compoment cables for aftermarket speaker/amp systems, but I didn't use them because I was only changing the head unit right now.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
19 Posts
Hey
vrodri15

I see your car has a regular Sun Roof, did you get that installed from a sun roof shop? Or was it already on the car? How much did it cost? thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey
vrodri15

I see your car has a regular Sun Roof, did you get that installed from a sun roof shop? Or was it already on the car? How much did it cost? thanks
It was on the car when I purchased it from the dealer. It was a trade in. I don't know how much it costs. There was a sunroof brochure in the glovebox. Can't remember the manufacturer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts