Kia Optima Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,460 Posts
Here's a clip of my friend Lance's 2014 Optima with the Injen exhaust system. stock motor, down and mid pipe.

Here is a quick clip as he revs it as he passes me on the side of the road

And lastly, one last clip of him taking off from a stop from inside my car. A few seconds in you can hear my Magnaflow custom exhaust from within my car.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
69 Posts
Awesome clips JasonS, which exhaust did you end up with in the end?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima 2012 SX
44 Posts
New clips for the thread!

Here is my recently installed exhaust

Stock downpipe
3" midpipe to rear axle, spits to 2x 2.5" mufflers
Cat delete

Running the 93 octane BTR tune

Overall happy with the sound at WOT, but can drone a bit while city driving. It's pretty loud though, so I'm looking into adding a resonator or something to quiet it down. Possibly some dyna-mat on the floor of the trunk or rear seats.

Still, it sounds badass.

Pictures of finished exhaust: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Sorry about potato camera videos...

WOT Pull

Rev and slow pull

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just installed a Magnaflow 19237 that I got off Amazon for less than $700.

The thread I made is here;
http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/6-optima-engine-technical-discussion/140305-magnaflow-19237-cat-back-exhaust.html

But for ease of access here are the vids I have of it;

Driving away from the camera at 3/4ish throttle

A quick hard throttled 0-60 with all windows closed

A quick hard throttled 0-60 with all windows open

Light acceleration as I drive by. I was probably doing 25 and accelerated to 40 at a moderate rate as I drove by.

And here is a startup of the car cold for the first 20 seconds or so of high idle until it drops like normal, with a few revs at the end. This video was taken in an open, double car garage.

·
Registered
2011 Optima 2011 Optima LX 6 spd M/T
17 Posts
just installed this system myself yesterday. sounds **** good. will post a sound clip here in a few.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Magnaflow 19237 catback installed yesterday and it sounds perfect. barely noticeable with the windows up, but sounds **** good from the outside or with the windows down. Not much drone thanks to the fact my Optima is a manual and i can control revs better.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah! That is NICE. Even more so if you can wait for Amazon to drop the price down to sub $700. It's a real steal!
My videos really don't do justice to it because I think my camera makes it sound like it drones way more than it really does.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
21 Posts
love the Magnaflow (no drone) sound. Anyone has this combo by anychance?: Megan downpipe, Ark Midpibpe, Magnaflow cat-back? Please put in a sound video and if possible any dyno numbers. Planning on doing that combo this year, will post vid once all is worked in.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts