Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been browsing through tons of exhaust threads and wondered if I could make a thread where everyone would post up shots of the the different aftermarket exhaust they have and the likes/dislikes of the system.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, not exactly what i was looking for, but will narrow down what i want after i see which style i prefer. since some of the videos i have to sit and watch to see what the exhaust looks like takes a bit of time, but I have concluded that im not feeling on the DT-S due to the different sized tips so far.

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,607 Posts
thanks, not exactly what i was looking for, but will narrow down what i want after i see which style i prefer. since some of the videos i have to sit and watch to see what the exhaust looks like takes a bit of time, but I have concluded that im not feeling on the DT-S due to the different sized tips so far.
I was hesitant at first for that very reason... I'm glad I chose it. The offset size makes it look (imho) more custom for our cars and sets it apart from the other systems and weld-on tips.

And who can deny that doesn't look good? lol

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can understand that, to me it just looks . . . different I guess. you know, like the 4 tips in a square shape design on some super cars, just looks weird to me.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
I can understand that, to me it just looks . . . different I guess. you know, like the 4 tips in a square shape design on some super cars, just looks weird to me.
I don't know of any exhausts for the Optima that have quad square tips.

You could go with a custom or name brand exhaust and get them to weld square quad tips on

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

And who can deny that doesn't look good? lol
MMM! :wub:

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know of any exhausts for the Optima that have quad square tips.

You could go with a custom or name brand exhaust and get them to weld square quad tips on

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

MMM! :wub:
haha, i think you misunderstood me, I dont like the supercar quad tip look, but I was saying how its just different like the DTS exhaust with the different sized tips

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty sure that is only available from KIA dealers or direct on ebay.

You should also check out cp-e. Their setup looks a lot like the Kinetic (from the rear) and is less expensive I believe.
ill have to, better or worse power? I will probably get the Kinetic at a discount though, since I can get it at cost through my work.

·
Registered
'13 SX-T Prem/Tech
837 Posts

ARK DT-S catback exhaust.

I love the sound and the offset size tips. The resonator hangs low creating clearance/scrape issues if car is lowered but can be raised with shorter hangers from local car parts store which helps.

The tips are not perfectly finished (you can see uneven surfaces in the finish) and I guess this is due to it being handmade? so it's not flawless looking. I was surprised by that but never asked where I bought them about that if it's supposed to be that way.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's my share of pics. I have the Borla too but I replaced the tips with a bigger outlets.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
where did you pick up the tips from, that looks great to me as well

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Pretty sure that is only available from KIA dealers or direct on ebay.

You should also check out cp-e. Their setup looks a lot like the Kinetic (from the rear) and is less expensive I believe.
I noticed in another thread you said to pick up a CP-E, are you saying this because you would rather have the CP-E than yours now?

---------- Post added 06-10-2014 at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-09-2014 at 04:08 PM ----------

Inquired at my local dealers about a Kinetic exhaust and none of them knew what the **** I was talking about, so I did a bit of searching online and was able to access the regional sales rep for Kinetic parts, told him my situation, now Im gonna see if he can get me one sold directly, instead of through the dealer, so Im wondering if ill possibly get a better deal than through a dealer, I guess we will see.

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,607 Posts
I noticed in another thread you said to pick up a CP-E, are you saying this because you would rather have the CP-E than yours now?
I'm real happy with the Ark setup. The only reason I would recommend the cp-e over it is 1) ground clearance if you intend to drop really low and 2) Cost. It's $200-300 less than the Ark.

I still may get the cp-e in time just to try it out....

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm real happy with the Ark setup. The only reason I would recommend the cp-e over it is 1) ground clearance if you intend to drop really low and 2) Cost. It's $200-300 less than the Ark.

I still may get the cp-e in time just to try it out....
a guy previously said that you can raise up the ARK with some better hangars, have you tried this? for you, I could see this being your only issue since you already have the ARK

1 - 20 of 34 Posts