Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to if any has stopped the 1 bolt on exhaust pipe on factory 1. Reason for asking this is I saw a Genesis g70 2.0 T with single pipe,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Curious to if any has stopped the 1 bolt on exhaust pipe on factory 1. Reason for asking this is I saw a Genesis g70 2.0 T with single pipe,
I think you're talking about one of two things.
If you're talking about changing the duals down to single, no I think that's probably not the best idea.
If you're talking about the single bolt for the mufflers then yes, we just cut them off for the silver one pictured below lol.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was saying go to a single exhaust pipe, not tips, if u look under the car,that dual exhaust is just a single pipe from engine back,the 1 side of this exhaust system is bolted on at spare tire,. I just don't think that can make this run better for such a short distance in system??

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was saying go to a single exhaust pipe, not tips, if u look under the car,that dual exhaust is just a single pipe from engine back,the 1 side of this exhaust system is bolted on at spare tire,. I just don't think that can make this run better for such a short distance in system??
Okay, got you. I know of two people who have done this, one w/ a 2.0 Sonata and one with a 2.0 K5. They seem to always go 3.5in for the cat's onward back, and if you want to do something like that I'd also suggest a downpipe change too. If you're going from two 2in pipes to a single 2 or 2.5 you're going to run into airflow issues, and I think even a 3in wouldn't be a full flow. In short, I'll suggest to you that you opt for 3.5in piping if going from duals to single, and I'll update this with photos from our next meet so you can see how they did theirs.
I would also like to add, that with knowing our cars from the cat-back is a true dual system, the airflow MUST be needed, and is clearly heard even on the stock exhaust under heavy load/RPM. This would also indicate that it would probably be a restriction going for 3in or less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts