Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished paying off my 2014 k5 ex! i can start putting some money into it now! hoping to meet some nice people here who may know alot more then me!
here are some photos of my car! looking forward to learning all the neat things i can do to my ride!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
Welcome, looks great as is, but additional upgrades or changes are only governed by how deep your pockets might be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, looks great as is, but additional upgrades or changes are only governed by how deep your pockets might be.
thank you!! :)
as far as budget goes im working with about 5k right now for some upgrades. so im just wondering where to start. mechanically my car is in excellent shape so i dont need to replace anything like that . i was thinking wheels and a better suspension. i kinda wanted something mid tier.... ive seen some suspensions for around 1k on k5 store but im just not sure which one?
thanks again.

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX 2.4L // 2016 Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo
18 Posts
Welcome! Clean k5 👌

Really depends on you and what you want.

GDI engines are notorious for carbon buildup. Look into running a can of CRC as you dont know if the previous owner maintained car.
If you're not too concerned about performance / engine bay, id still consider a oil catch can to possibly extend the longevity of your engine.
K5 specific ones can get pricey, but even if you're on a budget you can grab ebay/amazon ones for the time being.

Apart from that it's really your build! Do your thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Clean k5 👌

Really depends on you and what you want.

GDI engines are notorious for carbon buildup. Look into running a can of CRC as you dont know if the previous owner maintained car.
If you're not too concerned about performance / engine bay, id still consider a oil catch can to possibly extend the longevity of your engine.
K5 specific ones can get pricey, but even if you're on a budget you can grab ebay/amazon ones for the time being.

Apart from that it's really your build! Do your thing.
thank you for all the help and info! i have been the only owner of the vehicle! ive always kept up with the maintenance and had everything done at the dealership.
ill look into that oil catch can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts