Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Optima. I was wondering, has anybody not have the evaporator recall done on their car yet? I have an inspection coming up and my dealership is backed up.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, i got this in July of last year and totally forgot about it until I had to clean a few things up. I called my dealer and ihis recall is listed but I forgot the number. They said they’re behind till Septembe so I’m trying another dealership by. their recommendation.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had 2 evap canister recalls on my '11. The first one took care of a CEL code my car was throwing for 2 years due to a cracked canister. The 2nd one was to add another canister, if I remember correctly. Shouldn't affect your inspection unless it's throwing a code.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,305 Posts
An evaporative cannister is quite a bit different when compared to an A/C evaporator.
It's still not a recall, just a service campaign by Kia.
No reason not to get it done, except the possibility of Kia screwing something up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, that was my bad on the misread. Never heard of any recalls on that on any years. Still shouldn't affect inspection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts