Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Friends,
I have Kia optima hybrid 2017, evey two or three days i get the check engine light with the code of P0456.
I know this code is related to a mall evap leak.
but i want ask, is there a written document from Kia describes how and when the ECU perfom the test?. I mean does the ECU make this test everyday or what? because this code pops up only when I start the engine at morning, I clear it, aand it disappears for some days. Also how the ECU carries this test, what are the steps taken by the ECU to perform this test?.
Also is there a way to connect with the ECU and order it to perform this test?
I want to find out what is the problem, so I want to connect with ECU and start checking the related parts one by one, after checking each part I want to order the ECU to perform the test in order to chack if the problem cleared or not.
Thank you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes the evap is tested in a drive cycle. The drive cycle is a way of setting emissions control devices to readiness. The evap one is the hardest one to set and requires a lot of parameters to set. Look up kia drive cycle for evap readiness

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had that code on my non-hybrid, ended up being the evap canister. Might want to have that checked if you want somewhere to start looking for the cause.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It could be a stck solenoid bad gas cap or many other things dont just start replacing parst with out knowing what exactly is wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, thank you all.
Yes, i know this code may appear due to many reasons, that's why i was looking for a way to order the ECU to initiate an EVAP test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts