Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2015 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo a metal pole fell on our car during the storm we had last week and damaged the car (nothing to severe) but it dented the drivers door in 3 places, the rear drivers door in one place, the weatherstripping is dented, and it left a deep mark in the window. Just wondering how much this would cost to repair. We are trying to get it repaired before the rusting kicks in. Also ignore our badly stained weatherstripping.

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
No insurance?
$2600
Just my opinion, not a body guy. If you're near a salvage yard you may find a door in the same color to replace the badly damaged door the rather than replacing the door skin.
www.car-part.com

Registered
2015 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter #3
No insurance?
$2600
Just my opinion, not a body guy. If you're near a salvage yard you may find a door in the same color to replace the badly damaged door the rather than replacing the door skin.
www.car-part.com
Wasn't planning on going through insurance if it was a simple repair but if it's more than $2k then I'll be going through insurance no point in us spending that much when insurance can handle it. Hopefully, they'll replace the moldy weatherstripping as well. I'm figuring it'll be harder to repair considering its right on the body line.

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Don't quote me on this, but believe strom damage similar to hitting a deer, filed under comp and not chargeable.

Registered
2014 Kia Optima
I would go through insurance. It鈥檚 a comprehensive claim. Non chargeable. I have had several comprehensive claims throughout the last few years on my other cars and rates did not go up at all. Actually went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts