Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Im new to here. In thinking about purchasing a 2013 Kia Optima SX. I talked to the Salesmen about it. And he said that when it was being serviced that the engine has a ticking noise. He said that its common in Kias when they need an oil change. Now I know he is a used car salesmen and that they will tell you anything to get you to buy it. Im normally a Ford guy and I currently have a Ford 500 and its has a tick when its idling and when the engine is warming up. I just want to make sure that it wont affect anything and that im not buying a lemon. Also it has a 6,000 Mile powertrain warranty.

Thank you

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
Hey all
Im new to here. In thinking about purchasing a 2013 Kia Optima SX. I talked to the Salesmen about it. And he said that when it was being serviced that the engine has a ticking noise. He said that its common in Kias when they need an oil change. Now I know he is a used car salesmen and that they will tell you anything to get you to buy it. Im normally a Ford guy and I currently have a Ford 500 and its has a tick when its idling and when the engine is warming up. I just want to make sure that it wont affect anything and that im not buying a lemon. Also it has a 6,000 Mile powertrain warranty.

Thank you
Ticking is normal for GDI engines. Loud exhaust and you don't hear anything. :) There is a recall on the engines just to let you know though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts