Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 SXL Optima and yesterday on the expressway my engine failed. I was going at least 70 mph and every light popped on before the gas pedal did not work (this happened within seconds). It shut down and though it comes on, will not start. I've had the oil regularly changed, the last being in July (top notch up to 5,000 before the next); battery replaced in September; a sensor that costs $535 replaced in October that was stopping my turbo from working and the car wouldn't pick up speed; and now this. I saw that many have had the same issue with this car, which is life- threatning to say the least. I have also saw reports, even with the recall for certain years, makes, and models on engine failure like this, that have denied the repair making some pay up to $2500 to get the engine repaired. I have looked up my car by VIN and it shows no recalls. It has less than 100,000 miles on it. If the dealer finds the engine has no concerns, the recall Kia has going gets denied. I have a Gold+ warranty and hopefully it will get repaired this way. However, I think with 1000s of us having this issue, whether it is directly the engine or other components the engine is causing to fail, the recall should be covered. It will take a class action suit to have them do what they should and stop risking the lives of their consumers because of their own fault.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.