Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally am not one to like other people working on my car, but under the circumstances I thought it would be worth it. My 2011 kia optima, bought used last year at 95,000 miles had just rolled over 100,000 miles. It was still running perfectly fine, until the day it shut off. Now I'm hyper vigilant, I drive with no shoes on because I like feeling the vibrations of the car, the day my car cut off I had noticed some slight irregular vibrations and alight murmurs, and maybe some slight knocking but no lights on, in either case i was going to take it to the shop the next day(it was sunday), the cars check engine light came on, and then afew seconds later all the lights came on and cut off on me at 8:00pm 5 blocks from my house, luckily while i was stopped at a stop light and not rolling down the highway which is when the vibrations and stuff started. This was three sundays ago.

After having it towed to my house, then to a shop who replaced the starter to the tune of $300, they then told me to have it towed to the dealer. I was initially told by the dealer it would be done by the following Wednesday at the latest, Wednesday comes nothing, friday comes I pull up to the dealer, they tell me by next Friday. That was yesterday, they told me to come get the car before closing or Saturday. Today is Saturday. I get my car and any bit of optimism I had about the situation, washed away. Car just went over 100,000 miles, a new engine would be great for resell value. Before I could pull it off the lot, I wanted to turn back around, but I had just took back my rental at the cost of $1600, and $50 to ride a lyft across town to get the car. Thank goodness the settlement gives you and warranty repair covers the cost up to $40 per day(if you're doing the math, I had the rental for 2 weeks, plus 3 days, so $680, idk if it will cover the lyfts and ubers or bus fare, especially since those overlap the same days as the rental)...

Anyways I couldn't be without a car and I cna't afford to pay for rentals anymore, but the car has so many issues now, whether that be in my head or not, but there's rattling and scrapping, my brakes just aren't responding well(my brakes pads and rotors were replaced May 17, and i had an inspection on teh car same day). The steering will is insanely stiff, and there's so many vibrations and noises now. I just feel sick now. I honestly don't know what to do going forward.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I generally am not one to like other people working on my car, but under the circumstances I thought it would be worth it. My 2011 kia optima, bought used last year at 95,000 miles had just rolled over 100,000 miles. It was still running perfectly fine, until the day it shut off. Now I'm hyper vigilant, I drive with no shoes on because I like feeling the vibrations of the car, the day my car cut off I had noticed some slight irregular vibrations and alight murmurs, and maybe some slight knocking but no lights on, in either case i was going to take it to the shop the next day(it was sunday), the cars check engine light came on, and then afew seconds later all the lights came on and cut off on me at 8:00pm 5 blocks from my house, luckily while i was stopped at a stop light and not rolling down the highway which is when the vibrations and stuff started. This was three sundays ago.

After having it towed to my house, then to a shop who replaced the starter to the tune of $300, they then told me to have it towed to the dealer. I was initially told by the dealer it would be done by the following Wednesday at the latest, Wednesday comes nothing, friday comes I pull up to the dealer, they tell me by next Friday. That was yesterday, they told me to come get the car before closing or Saturday. Today is Saturday. I get my car and any bit of optimism I had about the situation, washed away. Car just went over 100,000 miles, a new engine would be great for resell value. Before I could pull it off the lot, I wanted to turn back around, but I had just took back my rental at the cost of $1600, and $50 to ride a lyft across town to get the car. Thank goodness the settlement gives you and warranty repair covers the cost up to $40 per day(if you're doing the math, I had the rental for 2 weeks, plus 3 days, so $680, idk if it will cover the lyfts and ubers or bus fare, especially since those overlap the same days as the rental)...

Anyways I couldn't be without a car and I cna't afford to pay for rentals anymore, but the car has so many issues now, whether that be in my head or not, but there's rattling and scrapping, my brakes just aren't responding well(my brakes pads and rotors were replaced May 17, and i had an inspection on teh car same day). The steering will is insanely stiff, and there's so many vibrations and noises now. I just feel sick now. I honestly don't know what to do going forward.
Take it back, and make sure they either put you in the fixed car, or a **** new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts