Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
You should not have any issue unless you are using a pressure washer and really focusing on any electrical connections that you shouldn't. If you are just using a hose when doing this you should have very little to worry about though. You can use pretty much any all-purpose cleaner (APC) or degreaser. I usually use Meguiar's D108 Super Degreaser and a few different size brushes to scrub stuff down. An all-purpose exterior brush along with one of the ez-detail brushes can take care of most of the cleaning really.

Once you have it cleaned and dried you can dress it with a product like PERL or Chemical Guys Black on Black. It really does not take all that long to do an engine compartment.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use an all purpose cleaner usually diluted to 4:1. Spray generously. I then use regular car wash soap and the Daytona Speed Brush to get into every tight spot. Then either rinse with my garden hose or my electric pressure washer. Never have I had an issue.

Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, I haven't had mine long and it's finally getting warm enough to clean it up real good. The engine compartment looks okay, where dealer touched it up, but the engine itself has a lot of road grime on it.

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts