Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I purchased a 2016 EX model in September with 25k miles on it. Around Thanksgiving I started getting issues when the car would be very sluggish almost as if it was in low gear, it would eventually get up to speed but it was almost embarrassingly slow. Took it to the dealer, they said it was, I believe a CT sensor, they cleaned it and it went away for a short time, engine light came on 3 more times between Thanksgiving and New Years, took it back in, got a new CT sensor, issue almost immediately returned. They then said I was 2 quarts low on oil and that they wanted to do an oil consumption test, long story short, they pulled a filter and sent pictures of some sort to Kia Corporate who authorized an engine replacement. I am told that because it’s a recall code that was approved I will be covered under warranty on the engine as long as I own the car. Is there anything I need to be on the lookout for? Not a car guy but really love this car. Disclaimer, as stated above, I am not a car guy so I may be mixing up a few terms (CT sensor, etc. but I think I got them right) I would appreciate any feedback on things to beware of as I would like this car to last as long as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
If they do the replacement correctly, just like a new car, drive gently for the first 500 miles and maybe have the first oil change around 1500-2000 miels. The only problem that some have run into, and that was quite a while ago, none recently, was a leak from the high pressure fuel pump hose connection, but if no fuel smell noticed, good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts