Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
05/2015 ROTM
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I passed the Arkansas state CCL course back in March so I should have my license fairly soon. I can't wait to be able to conceal carry pretty much unrestricted.

I usually carry in my car anyway, as Arkansas has a journey clause and I travel over county lines to work. It's a nice little loophole that allows me to keep protection on me during the week.

Anyway, these are the two daily carry handguns I currently have. I plan on adding a couple more into the rotation eventually, as well as modding the LCP a bit. I LOVE my M&P and probably won't do a thing to it.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
When first seeing the title of this thread, I was thinking you were talking about Electronic Daisy Carnival (EDC) LMAO...

Those are freaking nice man. I have been on the waiting list for my CCW here in CALI for quite sometime now. :thumbsdown:

I wish it were as easy to get your CCW out here as it is elsewhere.

·
Registered
246 Posts
HATE HATE HATE LCP's but love M&P's. I roll with an XDM personally. Remember, dress to CHL, don't buy a slim gun to fit your wardrobe. I can conceal my 3.8" compact with normal clothes and I can run that gun really really hard.

·
05/2015 ROTM
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HATE HATE HATE LCP's but love M&P's. I roll with an XDM personally. Remember, dress to CHL, don't buy a slim gun to fit your wardrobe. I can conceal my 3.8" compact with normal clothes and I can run that gun really really hard.
I don't love the LCP, but just because I am a terrible shot with it right now. It's only a few weeks old, so I'm not too worried about it. I plan on getting a Crimson Trace, and a 13lb recoil spring for it, so that will make a world of difference.

There are times I can't justify carrying my M&P, but still would like to carry, so just throwing the LCP in the pocket or backpack and rolling makes sense to me. A lot of the times, I have both on me. I go back and forth carrying, and keeping in the glove box/console.

My new EDC, not my photo, just one I snagged from the internet
Nice! I looked at some Kahr's when I got my M&P. They have some really nice models for sure.

·
05/2015 ROTM
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 159441 My carry pair. IWB - S&W M&P Shield 9mm
Pocket - S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
Nice. Love my Shield.

I debated going with the Bodyguard instead of the LCP, but after shooting about 50 rounds through both I went with the LCP. It was cheaper, but I thought it shot better/smoother. I think the fit/finish on the LCP is a tad better as well. Nonetheless I'd love to have a Bodyguard too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice. Love my Shield.

I debated going with the Bodyguard instead of the LCP, but after shooting about 50 rounds through both I went with the LCP. It was cheaper, but I thought it shot better/smoother. I think the fit/finish on the LCP is a tad better as well. Nonetheless I'd love to have a Bodyguard too.
Can't go wrong with either one! I've been shooting for more than 50 years and have come to rely on a manual safety in the ON position until the firearm is to be used. I realize that a majority of concealed carriers feel that a manual safety is unnecessary and a negative feature on any pistol, but old habits are hard to break and I feel comfortable flipping the safety off when I need to shoot, and both of my S&Ws allow this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I conceal carry a Taurus M85 / 38 Special with +P Hollow points.
Even though it is only a 2.5" barrel, I can get 1" groupings at 7 yards.
Plus I can carry winter or summer.

I do have a LCP 380 if I want something less profile in winter and
a Ordnance 1911 A1 for those winter time carries when I want something with more punch!

But this is with me almost all the time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I carry my M&P Shield 40 or my 3.8' compact XDM. Both have TruGlo sights. The TrueGlo's make a huge difference. I carry where ever I can. I live in Illinois and I am a correctional officer. I didn't have to test for my CCL and got the license in 90 days. It sucks that my license isn't reciprocated in the surrounding states but we don't honor states around us either. Stupid Illinois.

·
05/2015 ROTM
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I conceal carry a Taurus M85 / 38 Special with +P Hollow points.
Even though it is only a 2.5" barrel, I can get 1" groupings at 7 yards.
Plus I can carry winter or summer.

I do have a LCP 380 if I want something less profile in winter and
a Ordnance 1911 A1 for those winter time carries when I want something with more punch!
One of the only reason's I bought my LCP was for the conceal-ability. I need to get a laser for it, because I think if I shot it enough to get accurate at 10+ yards with it, I'd go broke.

Those are two of the guns I have on my want list. A snub nosed .38 Special is something I've always wanted. I think any self respecting gun person should have at least one 1911 in their collection. I will have one eventually!

I carry my M&P Shield 40 or my 3.8' compact XDM. Both have TruGlo sights. The TrueGlo's make a huge difference. I carry where ever I can. I live in Illinois and I am a correctional officer. I didn't have to test for my CCL and got the license in 90 days. It sucks that my license isn't reciprocated in the surrounding states but we don't honor states around us either. Stupid Illinois.
I kind of wish I would've gotten the .40 in the Shield, but went with the 9mm for ammo availability. I plan on getting some upgraded night sights eventually, but the M&P's are almost perfect from the factory IMO.

Taurus 24/7 Pro-Compact in .45acp. 10+1, witha 12 rd backup mag.
Bob don't play no games! ;) He's got a hog leg on him all the time!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nah.... when I want "hogleg" I wear the full size 1911 with the 5" bbl. That thing is a hoss... but accurate as ****. I actually bought that Taurus to flip. Paid $250 for it, in the box, a holster and 150rds of ammo. Realized that fully loaded with 12+1 it's a lb lighter than the 1911 and smaller/easier to conceal. grip angle is similar to the 1911 so it points well. after about 200 rds the trigger got infinitely better and I just bought a better holster and kept it.

This was the haul a while back from one of the gunshows where I bought some stuffs:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/bobnjenmiller/6AF42D91.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those are two of the guns I have on my want list. A snub nosed .38 Special is something I've always wanted. I think any self respecting gun person should have at least one 1911 in their collection. I will have one eventually!
I got my M85 brand new for $260 on GunBroker shipped.

Just remember the LCP is meant for close range.....the average self defense shooting takes place at 7 yards or less.

I love my 1911. It was the first pistol I qualified on in the service before going to the M9.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Heck here in WA state just filled out form, got finger printed for FBI and had mine within 30 days.
Of course I had Top Secret clearance in Military for my whole 20 years, so that could of helped with time.

And only $55 to boot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts