Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy October! We're back with another offer of one free set of pads (front or rear) to one randomly selected forum member.

In past giveaways We have discussed our first cars, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

This month I would like to start a conversation about the most magnificent drives you have ever taken. Where on this beautiful earth have you driven that took your breath away? Do you have a 'favourite road' to drive on? Is there a particular trip/ adventure/ vacation you have been on that you remember fondly for the drive itself? As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said; 'it's not about the destination, it's the journey'.

Or maybe where you live is so stunningly beautiful every single day driving is spectacular! Photos welcomed but not required, I would just love to hear your driving stories.

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st November 2021 and details will be posted on this forum within a few days of the closing date.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, remember EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake discs and pads for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Premium Member
2012 KIA Optima
183 Posts
The most magnificent drive I ever took was the Going-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier National Park, Montana USA. It offers everything including views of mountains, vallies, rivers and creeks, waterfalls, lakes and wildlife. It's where I proposed to my wife.

This is not a picture I took but it does show some of what it offers to see...

Cloud Sky Mountain Water Natural landscape

·
Vendor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most magnificent drive I ever took was the Going-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier National Park, Montana USA. It offers everything including views of mountains, vallies, rivers and creeks, waterfalls, lakes and wildlife. It's where I proposed to my wife.

This is not a picture I took but it does show some of what it offers to see...

View attachment 250555
Wow, what a place to propose, congrats!

·
Registered
2019 Optima S, Horizon Blue
21 Posts
We visit the smokey mountains in Tennessee a couple times a year and we try each time to drive through “cades cove loop”. It just a 10.5 mile mile drive but has taken 2 hours to get through, small one way/one lane road with amazing views of rustic old farms and historic churches etc…. Plenty of wildlife such as deer, elk, bear and turkeys to see at the right time of the day. It’s one of our favorite places to drive thu and enjoy God‘s handy work.

·
Vendor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We visit the smokey mountains in Tennessee a couple times a year and we try each time to drive through “cades cove loop”. It just a 10.5 mile mile drive but has taken 2 hours to get through, small one way/one lane road with amazing views of rustic old farms and historic churches etc…. Plenty of wildlife such as deer, elk, bear and turkeys to see at the right time of the day. It’s one of our favorite places to drive thu and enjoy God‘s handy work.
Sounds nice to just take it slow and enjoy the surroundings

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
9 Posts
Drove a couple summers ago from my childhood home town of Limon, Colorado to my current home in San Diego. It was across the flat plains of eastern Colorado, into the Rocky Mountains, over the Divide, and down the other end across Utah in Green Rivers. That was day 1. From there south towards Las Vegas, Day 2. Then down to southern California and finally home. It was a great solo road trip through a lot of beautiful scenery, some challenging side roads, and the Optima humming the whole way.

·
Registered
2013 Optima Silver
11 Posts
I've been on way too many beautiful drives all across North America. When I lived in central Missouri, every outing took us down roads with a picturesque scenery. When I lived on the California coast, PCH north of Malibu was a good scenic drive. So much that car commercials are filmed there regularly. Now that I'm in western Washington I get good views all over, but non as beautiful as driving up to Mount Rainier. The best was driving the Alaskan highway though Canada. A lot of beautiful natural scenery.

·
Vendor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drove a couple summers ago from my childhood home town of Limon, Colorado to my current home in San Diego. It was across the flat plains of eastern Colorado, into the Rocky Mountains, over the Divide, and down the other end across Utah in Green Rivers. That was day 1. From there south towards Las Vegas, Day 2. Then down to southern California and finally home. It was a great solo road trip through a lot of beautiful scenery, some challenging side roads, and the Optima humming the whole way.
Solo trips can be so peaceful and nice to detox the mind!

·
Vendor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been on way too many beautiful drives all across North America. When I lived in central Missouri, every outing took us down roads with a picturesque scenery. When I lived on the California coast, PCH north of Malibu was a good scenic drive. So much that car commercials are filmed there regularly. Now that I'm in western Washington I get good views all over, but non as beautiful as driving up to Mount Rainier. The best was driving the Alaskan highway though Canada. A lot of beautiful natural scenery.
I'd love to drive up to Alaska, looks beautiful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts