Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a chance on this as couldn't resist the low price and have always hated the radio and hands free in my 2013 lx.

Had to get the base model as usual to have manual trans..

Anyway initial impressions are positive and would recommend to others as a low cost upgrade.

Cheers

·
Registered
2013 Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Oh forgot to mention it was plug and play and has a mic input so can run an aux mic for handsfree or splice in the factory mic. The 2 usb inputs i ran to the useless pocket below.

**edit
I wonder if anyone can advise on these cheap units how to make the volum gain lower? Its so loud at low settings like 1-10.
Does the base model stereo have an amp or are the speakers powered by just the head unit amp??

·
Registered
2013 Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to update it has its share of small issues but overall I'm happy enough with it for the low price and nice look. Ended up paying just $75 USD after a refund as I discovered specs werre not as advertised as has just 1GB of RAM and runs 8.1. If I had it to do over again I would spend more time looking for a good deal on a better quality one with better audio compenents and less quirks though. Is a generic 8227L model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts