Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 optima sxl, it has normal mode, and push eco button to get into eco mode. Is sport mode just when you put the shifter to manual mode? Or is there a button combo you need to do?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
On my 2012, sport just allows you to shift manually, there is no button.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 2012, sport just allows you to shift manually, there is no button.
Okay, that's what I thought. I saw a post somewhere saying there's a button or combo of buttons to show sport mode on the dash like how eco does it.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
161 Posts
I believe that later models have a "sport" mode that is in the menu when you cycle through it, but not ours.
Yes, 2014-2015 models have a drive mode button on the steering wheel that toggles between Eco, Normal and Sport. Turbo models only ofc. LX & EX have Eco mode only.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So what does sport do for you?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Okay, same as older cars. I was going to get jelly if it actually improved engine performance...
ECO for sure cripples it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ECO Driving Mode
By tightening shift points and lowering throttle, Kia’s ECO drive mode gives you the best fuel efficiency your vehicle is able to achieve. The tradeoff? Engagement and quick acceleration.
SPORT Driving Mode
Unlike ECO, SPORT prioritizes driver engagement. For many vehicles, this will mean loosening shift points and letting you enjoy the higher RPMs. You’ll also have tighter steering response and enhanced throttle to get the most out of your vehicle’s powertrain. The tradeoff? Fuel efficiency and comfort (in models with adaptive suspension).
From the Kia site, I do notice the tighter steering, better acceleration, and lower fuel Econ while on sport

1 - 11 of 11 Posts