Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX-T 2015
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I install my new headlight with DRL eyeline on my EX 2015 but my problem is that the eyeline is kinda on dim all the time and at all the position. Also during the day my high beam is on as the DRL and the eyeline like I mention is dim. My question is: is it possible to turn off the high beam and get full power on the eyeline without the high beam light on? I saw a few on the road with the eyeline super briht without the hight beam on so I'm guessing that is possible but did someone already did that or can someone can tell me what to do to bypass it so the eyeline is the only one working du the day?.
If someone can tell me how to bypass the power so I can have full power on the eyeline instead of dim eyeline.
my model is the EX 2015 optima.
Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
428 Posts
Check your voltages, and ensure your high beams aren't engaged, and the headlamp controls are not set to "auto".

Personally, I hate DRLs, and disable them wherever I find them, or wire them into the running light circuit, which is what you may be seeing.

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX-T 2015
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Unit Zero!
It seems that the high beams are always engaged in all positions except the closed position. I'm going to double check but almost sure it is. I believe that the wiring and the connector were made according to the high beam being the DRL. Thank you for your advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts