Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so this is probably something that is covered under the warranty as my car only has 45000 miles on it even though it is a 2015 I still got like a year left on the warranty because I am the second owner however due to the fact that I replaced the door speakers myself and put in my elLED lights is that something that they would void the warranty over or would it be safe to take it up there and have them look or if anybody knows how bad it would be to fix that would also be cool what is doing is when I roll it down it is fine but when I roll it up the back of the window tries to outrun the front of the window and it does like a nose dive as it's going up I can fix it with my hand and roll it up but it's no good by itself

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,387 Posts
Got to go back into the door and check the regulator and I'd say a broken regulator or the window has come loose from the regulator. Pull the speaker, lower the window to see the front bolt and check if attached and/or broken. There is also a plug at the rear to see the rear attachment.
Check both mounting locations.

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so because there's only two things mechanically wise that gives me anxiety and they are power windows and going deep in an automatic transmission

1 - 4 of 4 Posts