Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving a few days ago in my 2013 Optima and went to adjust my mirror from within my car when I noticed it wasn't adjusting any more like I wanted it to. So I went and pressed the button inside again to adjust it and then all of a sudden it got wobbly. I didn't lose it, but I no longer can get it to function.

I popped it off and then tried to put it back, but it won't snap in all places. It snaps in like 2 places, but is still loose. I looked on the Internet for ways to fix it or to find out what is wrong, but can't find anything that looks like it helps, or at least that I can understand.

I am attaching 2 pics, 1 of the mirror itself and the other of the device it snaps to. In one picture where I have the arrows, I do have the other white peg, it just recently fell out, so I am hoping I can just pop that back in.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me how to fix this or if something is broken, what is broken and is it something I can fix myself or do I need to take it in?

I am just realizing how important it is to have it working and in the right spot as it is challenging driving without seeing in your blind spot.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Sorry in advance (I don't have any specific info, never worked on this) but worst case have you considered removing the other mirror to see what a good mirror should look like? Comparing the bad to the good might help show what is wrong with the bad one.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about doing that, just nervous I might break the other one by trying to take it off. Although that might be my only option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts