Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Kia Optima. This started a few months ago. My drivers side door doesn’t lock unless i manually lock it by using the button on the handle. It doesn’t lock from the key fob or the buttons on the door. When i do manually lock it, it doesn’t unlock with the key fob either. so it results in me climbing through my car from the other doors to unlock it. I need my doors to lock as i just moved to a big city with a higher crime rate then my small town. please help me!!

·
Registered
2018 Optima EX, 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
67 Posts
Let me get this right, it is keyless entry, right? If locks if you press the button on the door handle? If so, this rules out the actuator, at least to lock it. Does it unlock with the button on the handle?
Might be as simple as the battery in the key fob, try that first. There is logic as to what it does based on whether the fob is in or out of the vehicle.
If it won't unlock either way, you can always use the physical key in the key fob, all hyou need to do is remove the cover towards the rear of the handle to expose the manual key slot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts