Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Dave here. Driver of Dr Rambo's 2013 Optima Hybrid EX.
Mostly loving it, exept the default ECO mode which IMHO makes the car borderline dangerous to drive.
Starting to need to do some wrenching on the beast ,so here I am.
Looking forward to chatting with the Kia Brainiacs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forums! lots of info here i am sure using the search bar you'll find what your looking for. :hi:

·
Registered
497 Posts
...exept the default ECO mode which IMHO makes the car borderline dangerous to drive.
I'm sorry, but that is such a preposterous statement to the point that it's borderline laughable. Yes you did preface your comment by saying that it's your opinion--what about it makes it so borderline dangerous to drive? I use ECO mode on my commute (90% surface streets) and it has not made it *borderline* dangerous for me to drive to/from work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry, but that is such a preposterous statement to the point that it's borderline laughable. Yes you did preface your comment by saying that it's your opinion--what about it makes it so borderline dangerous to drive? I use ECO mode on my commute (90% surface streets) and it has not made it *borderline* dangerous for me to drive to/from work.
I feel that the extremely soft throttle response makes it unnerving to try to make a left turn across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic in order to get going. For me that is "Turn 1" on my commute. Additionally I ride a 150HP motorcycle that does 0-60 in about 3 seconds so my calibration on acceleration may be on a different setting than yours.
I usually just turn ECO mode off while in town and reset it once on the freeway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
tonester
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing