Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum with no luck, maybe my search skills are not that good but here goes.

The 2015 Kia EX I recently purchased had the door replaced (different vin) and the FOB does not work on the door. Yes, the mirror moves when the button is depressed but walking near the door does nothing. Furthermore, the button on the handle does nothing also. The passenger door works fine, just as it is supposed to. I was wondering if the door has to be matched to the FOB or could there actually be something not connected correctly with the door.

Knowing the vast experience on this site, I am sure that someone has an idea other than take it to the dealer.

Thanks,

Billy's Dad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All doors but the drivers (replaced) door either lock or unlock. I also replaced the lock mechanism as I did not have a key to lock the door. The key will lock only the drivers door but not all the others, even when you do it twice. I am thinking the actuator is not working and will need to be changed.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
If all the doors lock/unlock with the FOB and master switch, yup, time to take the door panel off and check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts