Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Kia Optima LX with 5,000 miles. The dealer is trying to force me to get oil changes at 3,000 instead of the factory recommended 7,500. When I asked if my warranty would be good if I waited to 7,500 he insinuated there could be a problem "if there is sludge".

So, I went to Jiffy Lube because I am uncomfortable with a service department that is dishonest and bullying people into getting service there.

When I called Kia to clear up the situation they stated that yes, getting an oil change at a non-dealership location could void my warranty if a problem arises "that is related to the third party part" like the oil filter.

My concern is that Kia's have had multiple recalls for sludge and engine seizures, and now they are saying my warranty could be not honored because I got an oil change at jiffy lube.

Can someone clear this up for me? If my warranty is in jeopardy, I will just sell the car at 25,000 miles and avoid the risk entirely. Or am I just being a maniac?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
7,500 miles is the scheduled oil/filter change for the 2.4, and anyone can perform the service w/o repercussion, just keep records.If paranoid about the filter, just buy the OEM filter on ebay and have that filter installed by whoever services the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.