Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
kia optima 2019 lx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my car but want to add a little power to it does anyone know if you can install a turbo on a 2019 lx? I found some on google with a quick search, but I'm not too familiar with anything like this. I have a mechanic friend who would do the work for me, but I want to know if it's possible in the first place. I don't know if I'm going to need to do anything after installing the turbo. (saying I do get it a turbo) Like a tune or something, so I came on the forum to see some opinions/advice. If you need any information from me just ask. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
This often is asked, a turbo can be added to any engine if one has enough money, so yes a turbo can be added, but when reality sets in, one would be better served to sell the LX and purchase an Optima 2.0T.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
As stated. Possible yes. Cost effective no. Fully custom parts. Yes a mechanic friend is nice. But custom exhaust manifold and intake system. No bolt on kit at all. Plus a nice VOID sticker on your factory warranty. Sell it buy an SX if you love the platform.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
384 Posts
I have seen this question pop up often as well. Why wouldn't people test drive all engine platforms before buying? Thought my 2016 SX was quick enough, but now want more power. Cant wait for the GT!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Yes, it is possible, and it has been discussed over a hundred times on the site here.

Please use the search function at the top center of every page of this site.

You can find very valuable information and threads discussing your options.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
kia optima 2019 lx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have seen this question pop up often as well. Why wouldn't people test drive all engine platforms before buying? Thought my 2016 SX was quick enough, but now want more power. Cant wait for the GT!
I mean I would of loved to but I got it used from a Chevrolet dealer for really cheap during the COVID prices

·
Registered
9 Posts
Simple answer is no, it would ruin your engine. no matter what people tell you 2.4s can't be tuned or have beneficial performance mods. Just do low and slow and make it look good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts