Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one but can’t find any information about it, and no one knows it exists. I figured out in 2011 they switched it from the ex turbo to the lx turbo. But does anyone have a ex tgdi? Or have information about it?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
I think TGDI is just a way to refer to the 2.0 turbo engine. That is common with the 2011 EX and SX lines, they have the turbo engine. Specifically, T-GDI stands for Turbo Gas Direct Injection. That's the features of the Theta II 2.0 turbo engine standard in the car you own.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
I have an '11 EX Turbo in SWP, with both options, Premium and Technology packages, and there was no LX turbo in '11.

Need anything in particular?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
207 Posts
Also for reference the LX Turbo wasn’t introduced until 2016. With the 1.6L. The only KIA vehicle that doesn’t have an engine recall out.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

I think most of us here on the forum that have been around for awhile are aware of it.

As mentioned above, they did not offer the LX Turbo until the 1.6T model was released in 2016.

For the 2011 & 2012 Kia Optima Models, there was only 2 options to choose from for engine types. (Other than the Hybrid engine)

There was a 2.0T offered in the EX & SX trim levels, and of course there was the 2.4L engine offered in the LX & EX trim levels as well.

In 2013, the SX-L was introduced to the market, and the EX was not offered as a turbo model any longer, making the 2013 turbo only offered in the SX & SX-L trims.

What kind of information were you looking for on that year and model of Optima?

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 6 of 6 Posts