Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I have a 2018 optima 2.4 calling it an LX but no official badge other than FE. is there stuff I can do to make it perform better without cutting an arm and leg off? I test drove an SX and now im depressed with the LX lol. couple of things I was thinking about. 1) if I change the steering wheel, are the paddles plug and play (connection already there ) ? im running 18's from a Hyundai Veloster that I did some custom work to. 2) will the SX front bumper cover bolt right up to the LX? only for purposes of getting that fog light upgrade. any info would be greatly appreciated1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi all I have a 2018 optima 2.4 calling it an LX but no official badge other than FE. is there stuff I can do to make it perform better without cutting an arm and leg off? I test drove an SX and now im depressed with the LX lol. couple of things I was thinking about. 1) if I change the steering wheel, are the paddles plug and play (connection already there ) ? im running 18's from a Hyundai Veloster that I did some custom work to. 2) will the SX front bumper cover bolt right up to the LX? only for purposes of getting that fog light upgrade. any info would be greatly appreciated1
FYI not good at surfing forums to find what im looking for :)

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Not much you can do with a N/A engine.
I would probably limit that statement to Kia and maybe a lot of imports. You can do a **** of a lot with an N/A engine prior to Turbo or Supercharger. Tons of engines where you can swap heads, cams, and more long before adding forced air. The entire LS series, for instance.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
I would probably limit that statement to Kia and maybe a lot of imports. You can do a **** of a lot with an N/A engine prior to Turbo or Supercharger. Tons of engines where you can swap heads, cams, and more long before adding forced air. The entire LS series, for instance.
Well, we are speaking of a 2.4 Kia and I'll repeat, not much you can do with the N/A engine. Now if you want to really get into details with a 4 cyl N/A engine, shell out the $$ and purchase an Elmer Thor engine, 4 cyl N/A 1500 HP.

We can have a nice discussion about the LS engines, or any Chevy V-8 engine, all the way from the little 265 that started it all.

Talking about Kia, really don't know why people would want to spend big bucks trying to increase the HP on the N/A engine as Kia has the Turbo available 274 HP, '11-'15, 245HP '16 up, and even if N/A parts were available, for the cost, never come close to that HP. Now purchase a Turbo and for a nominal fee, one can see a very substantial gain in HP with minimal effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.