Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. today I just finished installing the tail as turn mod from diode dynamics on my 2016 Optima EX.
Heres what it looks like for anyone considering doing it: https://youtu.be/gPvI0aVaG34

So basically, this is a very straight forward mod to install except if you mess with the tail light portion that is on the trunk lid. Anything you do to that will cause problems with this mod so if you are going to install it do not change any wiring for those lights.

I started on the drivers side
Cut and strip the thin white wire (turn signal)
Then cut and strip the 2 pink wires (Brake wires)
Connect one side of a 50W 6ohm resistor to the turn signal wire and the other end to the body of the car or the bolt for the tail lights. Then connect the turn signal wire to the yellow wire on the tail as turn module
Connect the two pink wires that supply power to the red wire on the tail as turn module
Connect the other 2 pink wires that go to the brake lights to the white wire on the tail as turn module.

That side is done and now you have to do the same thing on the passenger side but the colors of the wires are different

Passenger Side
Cut and strip the thin blue wire (turn signal)
Then cut and strip the pink wire (Brake wire)
Connect one side of a 50W 6ohm resistor to the turn signal wire and the other end to the body of the car or the bolt for the tail lights. Then connect the turn signal wire to the yellow wire on the tail as turn module
Connect the pink wire that supplies power to the red wire on the tail as turn module
Connect the other pink wire that goes to the brake lights to the white wire on the tail as turn module.

Now you should be done and everything should work just like it does in the video.
Sorry if its confusing, I rushed it a little bit but Ill have pictures up tomorrow to help out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone, I know this forum is for optimal but I have a 2016 kia Sportage I just ordered diode dynamics tail as turn. I am uber driver my goal and plan is to get turn signals off rear bumper and up into light that houses the brake light. People behind me don't see my turn signals when changing lanes and turning..plus if vehicles get to close they cover area where I am blinking and don't see them. If it's a truck behind me they don't see at all.i have had close calls not being able to turn in time people almost in my back end. I don't know why kia would these turn signals so low and not in the beautiful tail and brake lights above its dangerous and puts me at risk driving. My question is does anyone know what color turn signals in rear are and brake light wires to..which wires would I use with tail as turn I have to run a long wire up from each side of turn signals and then work with brake light wire on each side..i also ordered two hyperflash resistors..can anyone help me out I will getting it any day now. And want to do the project I do have electronics experience but don't know what turn and brake wires I use to install to the tail as turn modules on each side..i appreciate any help anyone can offer Thanks so much !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts