Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new here, I've got a 15 sx, I had a digital speedometer when I bought the car but after a dealership trip it's gone. I have avg mpg(first dot), trip a(second dot), and trip b(3rd dot). But I had a 4th dot that disappeared? Just curious if anyone has seen this?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
Can't say I've come across something like that but yeah that fourth display is indeed supposed to display the digitial speed readout. When scrolling through the display does it go straight from Trip B to the Fuel EconomyRange screen (or if you go backwards from the Fuel Economy screen)? Does the digital speedo display when you try to access it while the vehicle is in motion? I'm just grasping at straws here...

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,219 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Definitely haven’t heard of this before myself either.

Hope you’re able to get it figured out.

-David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  1. The fourth dot just disappeared permanently. I showed kia dealership pic of it when at one time I had it and they are confused.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
571 Posts
  1. The fourth dot just disappeared permanently. I showed kia dealership pic of it when at one time I had it and they are confused.
Make them send your old dash pic to Tech Sppt. There when taken into Svc - Gone when taken out.
It's on Them. Don't let lack of answer here stop you, or let them whine they're way out of next-level(s) investigating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I'm about to the end of worrying about it, like other things on the car itll probably randomly reappear like the clock on radio. On a different note does anyone have any experience with the Telluride? Been very happy with my Kias (this is my 3rd) still have sedona sxl and my optima but looking into Telluride, stinger,, or my personal favorite the k900. Have driven and experienced the sedans but curious on Telluride

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
56 Posts
Same here, I have only had the three dots. I had always said they missed an opportunity by not having a digital display of your current speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts