Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the manual I believes says 7500 miles for oil changes. I use synthetic oil. The dealer tells me to do it at 5000 miles.

When I bought the car they gave me x amount of oil changes included. I have reached the limit and plan on changing the oil myself. I noticed that the oil change gauge on my 2015 EX defaults to 5000 miles for the warning. Is there a way to change this to 7500?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must have complete missed that going through my menu. Mine looks a little different on a 15.. I will look again! Thanks Turbo!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,493 Posts
I know that the manual I believes says 7500 miles for oil changes. I use synthetic oil. The dealer tells me to do it at 5000 miles.

When I bought the car they gave me x amount of oil changes included. I have reached the limit and plan on changing the oil myself. I noticed that the oil change gauge on my 2015 EX defaults to 5000 miles for the warning. Is there a way to change this to 7500?

Thanks!
YOu are certainly good waiting the full 7500 miles before an oil change. There have been numerous posts with testing showing our cars can go even further between OCI's as well. Just keep that in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts