Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have water in my passenger side floor. I took it to the dealer and they told me that I had to pay because the hose where my ac runs out was clogged with debris. But it's a known issue. Anyone ever have an issue with this.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,574 Posts
I've never had it happen, nor heard of it with the Kia/Hyundai, but there have been occasions that the hose becomes clogged and water flows inside the car and on some makes, onto the ecu and causes damage. There also have been times when mechanics actually block the hose when working on the car so condensate doesn't drip, then forget to remove the blockage.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,289 Posts
What is the inner diameter of the drainage tube?

I'm about to order some wire so I can help a friend unclog her drainage tube.

I'm planning to get the 1.2 mm wire, I think that will fit and still be stiff enough while flexible enough to break up a clog in the drain line: 2-10M Aluminum Wire Bendable Metal Craft Wire Making Dolls Skeleton DIY Crafts | eBay

You could also get blockage in the drain tubes in the sunroof area, though doesn't sound like that's the case here.

·
Registered
2014 Optima LX
8 Posts
I tried to clean the clogged AC drain tube with straightened metal cloth hanger, I was able to push it in approximately 8 inches and got some accumulated water drained but did not completely solve the problem. Access to the AC drain tube under the car is not easy since it is located around middle of the car width and the car has to be lifted and secured with right front wheel turned or removed for better access. Finally I asked my mechanic to blow the drain tube with compressed air nozzle during next oil change when car was on the lift. No water accumulation/spills inside the car since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts