Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My dealership lied and never performed service as stated on the paperwork. Can you help suggest how I can best send a letter to Kia corporate about my experience?

The unperformed service was to replace the steering coupling that goes bad, covered under a TSB. Although I didn't pay initially, I assume the dealership get reimbursed for doing this service.

My concern is the dealership is getting paid by Kia because it's covered, but the dealership is not actually doing the work.

Although I went back to the dealership about the symptoms, they wanted $140 diagnostic fee because they insisted the work was done as shown in their tracking system.

I was fed up and decided to just replace the coupling myself. Lo and behold the steering coupling was bad and clearly was the original that had never been replaced. I still kept the old part so I can throw it in their face when they again insist the work had been done.

Here are pictures of the paperwork from when they claimed to have done the work, and today when I replace the coupling myself:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
I'd call Kia customer service, speak to a person and register the complaint, and see what they have to say and/or to whom the letter should be addressed, Hard to believe that a stealership didn't do the job as indicated and also got compensated for their labor.

Been around a long time, have seen oil filters marked before an oil/filter change and same oil filter after, air filters not changed, plugs not changed, inspection reports indicating replacement parts needed but not necessary, and stealerships lying through their teeth. Just think about the normal run of the mill customer that doesn't have any automotive knowledge and how they get hosed every time the car needs work. Sorry, but I wouldn't trust any of them, and the worst part is when they don't realize that the customer has more knowledge than the people at the dealership and then they don't know what to say. Thought these archaic practices were long gone, but actually are never ending as it happens every day.

I too had some problems with Fred Beans Kia when the engine was replaced, service writer lied, service manager lied, but when I spoke with the Corporate Service Director he finally spoke the truth, said he would meet with the people and give me a call back. Never did call, so I call Beth Beans Gilbert who at least had him call me back, but really no satisfaction to me as they are all still fat and happy.

You'll find the same rhetoric, but at least have the satisfaction of going through the motions.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
I'd call Kia customer service, speak to a person and register the complaint, and see what they have to say and/or to whom the letter should be addressed, Hard to believe that a stealership didn't do the job as indicated and also got compensated for their labor.

Been around a long time, have seen oil filters marked before an oil/filter change and same oil filter after, air filters not changed, plugs not changed, inspection reports indicating replacement parts needed but not necessary, and stealerships lying through their teeth. Just think about the normal run of the mill customer that doesn't have any automotive knowledge and how they get hosed every time the car needs work. Sorry, but I wouldn't trust any of them, and the worst part is when they don't realize that the customer has more knowledge than the people at the dealership and then they don't know what to say. Thought these archaic practices were long gone, but actually are never ending as it happens every day.

I too had some problems with Fred Beans Kia when the engine was replaced, service writer lied, service manager lied, but when I spoke with the Corporate Service Director he finally spoke the truth, said he would meet with the people and give me a call back. Never did call, so I call Beth Beans Gilbert who at least had him call me back, but really no satisfaction to me as they are all still fat and happy.

You'll find the same rhetoric, but at least have the satisfaction of going through the motions.
Solid advice here, and what I would also recommend as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts