Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a small issue 2012 kia Optima hybrid. my battery it keeps dying so I went to Kia and got a brand new battery put it in then drove around for a bit now it's dead again no lights are being left on wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it's your 12v battery, it is probably an alternator issue (do the hybrids still use an alternator for the 12v system, or do they have a DC to DC converter from the hybrid battery motor/generator to top up the 12v system?)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
I'm having a small issue 2012 kia Optima hybrid. my battery it keeps dying so I went to Kia and got a brand new battery put it in then drove around for a bit now it's dead again no lights are being left on wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
You probably have some kind of draw on the battery which means something may be drawing some amperage even though everything seems to be off. The way to test a draw is to disconnect the positive from the battery and put a meter in line on the dc amperage setting and making sure everything is off even a hood light if it's on because you can blow the fuse in the meter if it's too high of amperage being drawn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts