Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning had to jumpstart the car 2017 Optima. Thought I might have left the lights on by accident...ran around town and had no problems. Went out this afternoon to go and car wouldn't start. Called dealer and battery was only warrantied for 36,000 miles or 3 years. Figures i have 37,000 miles on it and my mom bought it in September of 2018. Has anyone had to replace this battery? He wasn't sure if our local auto parts will have it and the dealership is an hour away. Sigh. Just had a winter snow storm and travelling is not advised.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Call the parts store first before driving there, but they should have the correct battery. Also check the dealer's price, but I believe
they charge labor to do an install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call the parts store first before driving there, but they should have the correct battery. Also check the dealer's price, but I believe
they charge labor to do an install.
I checked online and they had it, went down there, verified that was the problem and 10 min. later I was good to go. They even put it in and it has a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked online and they had it, went down there, verified that was the problem and 10 min. later I was good to go. They even put it in and it has a 3 year warranty.
Did you have any problems with the computer system after the battery change? Resets etc??

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
592 Posts
His experience may differ but I recently replaced my battery and lost Nothing with AutoZone NOT hooking up a Battery Bkup during replacement (AdvAuto uses Bty Bkup but I haven't found a change in anything since my replacement. As always, YMMV........

·
Registered
4 Posts
His experience may differ but I recently replaced my battery and lost Nothing with AutoZone NOT hooking up a Battery Bkup during replacement (AdvAuto uses Bty Bkup but I haven't found a change in anything since my replacement. As always, YMMV........
Thanks

·
Registered
2018 kia optima LX
44 Posts
batteries need to be kept charged + with many driving less + all the JUNK on todays cars its no wonder!! buy a decent smart charger + use it monthly to optimize your battery for a long trouble free life!! i use the C-Tek 4.3 for many years, my car + truck get monthly "shots" as do my motorcycles. letting a battery set on a low charge leads to early death!! traded 2 bikes with 7 yo batteries working well, retired + drive little especially in Pa winters + charging is cheaper than new batteries!! my girlfriends 18 optima with OE battery gets regular shots + she drives less than me in the winter!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts