Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a trip over the weekend and my Optima died on me about 350 miles from home. I just talked to the mechanic that it was towed to. He contacted a Kia dealership with the error code and they told him that my engine is toast. They are looking to see if this is part of the recall that was sent out earlier. I hope it is. I can't afford to replace an engine.
Fingers crossed.?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,952 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sorry to see you joining us here under these pretenses.

We have our fingers crossed ? over here for you as well.

Let us know once you find out and hear back from them on their decision.

-David

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, K5.
I really love my Optima and don't want to see it go . So many things at the K5 store I want to get for it. ?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
121 Posts
I was on a trip over the weekend and my Optima died on me about 350 miles from home. I just talked to the mechanic that it was towed to. He contacted a Kia dealership with the error code and they told him that my engine is toast. They are looking to see if this is part of the recall that was sent out earlier. I hope it is. I can't afford to replace an engine.
Fingers crossed.
How many miles? What were your oil change intervals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,781 Posts
If the KSDS update has been completed, the engine has a lifetime warranty for the "debris" problem and they will do a long block replacement. Acutually pretty simplistic, they'll give you a rental until the time the car is completed and that replacement engine will also come with a lifetime warranty. Receipts are not necessary and it won't cost you a dime, so sit back and let them do the work.

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I haven't responded sooner.
Bob2C, I have just under 81,000 miles on it. My oil intervals were between 3000 and 6000 usually. There were a couple of times I went beyond that by being out of town or a similar situation.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Here is the update. I just got off a call with the KIA dealer service department and they had gotten authorization to replace the engine under the special warranty. They are, indeed, paying for a rental for me.

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found out that they are back ordered on some of the replacement parts so there is going to be a delay of a few more days. Not a big deal. I'm just happy that I will get my car back.
You nailed it on the head Turbonut!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,781 Posts
Mine was done in a week, but some have waited for 2-4 weeks for their car to be completed, so just sit tight and let us know when you get it back.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,490 Posts
Congrats on a new heart transplant for your car! Mine took 3 months ;) Enjoy!

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my Optima back on this past Saturday. It has been running great. It was a ~550 mile shake down cruise from the dealer back to the house. I also had them replace the transmission fluid while it was there. I have never had the transmission serviced so I figured it was a perfect time to get it done.
I love having my car back. The rental truck was fun but I like having all of my amenities while I travel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts