Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but on my 2012 Optima EX I'm having issues with my dash illumination. On the left side of the wheel next to the traction control button there's the illumination button. If you press up all the way and get it to say "max" on the dash, that's how bright my dash gets by itself. I set it for a lower brightness but sometimes it just changes on its own to the "max" setting and even though I press the down button to make it darker it won't change.

Any idea how to fix this?

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX-T
711 Posts
Usually just before dawn, when it's dark enough for my headlights to come on, but bright enough that you don't need them; my dash goes to Max Brightness. Once it gets a little darker, the max brightness goes away.

Does it do that at all times of the day and night?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually just before dawn, when it's dark enough for my headlights to come on, but bright enough that you don't need them; my dash goes to Max Brightness. Once it gets a little darker, the max brightness goes away.

Does it do that at all times of the day and night?
It does it sometimes. It did it this morning around 7:30am a little bit after I left for work. My headlights aren't on auto though (not sure if that matters).

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX-T
711 Posts
I dont think that matters. From what I could put together, when trying to figure out if this was truly a problem; it seems that the interior dash lighting auto-dimmer is completely separate from the auto-headlamps.

7:30am sounds like the perfect time for it to happen. It's exactly what happens to mine. Dusk and Dawn.

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,432 Posts
Maybe the light level sensor fluid is low.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks everyone. It's not a huge deal if I can adjust it when it's dark outside but I didn't know if this was normal or if I had an issue with my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started my 2013 Sportage and on the dash board 'ILLMINATION MAX' appeared for 10 sec then disappeared. This is happening every time now. Any ideas what it is, why it is appearing and how do I get rid of

1 - 9 of 9 Posts