Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one first time posting so I own a 2016 Kia Optima sxl about two weeks ago I noticed my dash is cracked almost like a knife slit right where the passenger dash air bag is located. I also noticed my air bag warning light was coming on and off when my girl was sitting in the car. Never really connected the two untill my friend
Was in the car wit me today he mentioned it. I’m taking the car to kia tomorrow I’ve already had issues with 3 of the windows coming off track
And needing to be replaced by kia. So guess my question is do you think it will be covered as the warning light isn’t pop on all the time it’s on and off and guess that’s even more concerning.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Bobert

Congrats on getting your 2016 Kia Optima SX-L model.

I would imagine that if it was something caused by the sun, like a defect, that it would still be covered.

However, I am not sure the length of the warranty for something like that. Fingers crossed though, hope they warranty it for you.

Hope to see you around the site, let us know if there is anything we can help you find for your optima.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ordered a cover for my dashboard. Coming from China so it maybe 30 years before it arrives. The cover is suppose to reduce the sun heat by 25 degrees? Maybe, Maybe not?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
Normally two different problems. I'd have the code read but I'll venture a guess that probably the passenger side seat sensor, and the cracked dash is normally around the air bag area as that is the thinnest.
Had not heard much about the Kia Optima dash cracking, but in the 3G Acura TL, it's one problem that most can count on. Best to keep the dash well moisturized, some use 303, but I use Mother's, no cracks in any dash...yet, and a sunshield when parked.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
Sorry, but aftermarket dash pads look like crap, and I certainly wouldn't want one in place when the air bag is needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally two different problems. I'd have the code read but I'll venture a guess that probably the passenger side seat sensor, and the cracked dash is normally around the air bag area as that is the thinnest.
Had not heard much about the Kia Optima dash cracking, but in the 3G Acura TL, it's one problem that most can count on. Best to keep the dash well moisturized, some use 303, but I use Mother's, no cracks in any dash...yet, and a sunshield when parked.
yea so they said the air bag was disconnected and said asked me if I was in there messing wit it mind you I had knee surgery 3 weeks ago I think I just a **** car at this point the arm rest is peeling I had it to Kia 4 times for the windows the dash cracked now craziness car only has 35000 miles

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
368 Posts
Yeah Turbonut. I remember all those cracked dashes on the TL forums. Never had any issues with mine.
Let us know how it turns out OP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts