Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GET READY TO DROOL!!! Well if you want.

Fairly new to the forums, not a lot of posts or mods yet.... but here's my first good one!

I went ahead and took the leap for you guys so you didn't have to, yet.

Let's get started with setup:

2011 Kia Optima SX
- Cherry Bomb Glasspack part # 87516 which is the 2.5" in/out 29.5" overall length body, 3.5" width
- Vibrant Performance 3" dual tip slant cut exhaust tips part # VPE-1333 with custom burnt tip

So I went for a muffler delete and had the shop put that glasspack in place of the stock resonator. I don't have any pics of that but the shop will know what to do if you happen to do this. Feedback from friends say it sounds **** good, deep tuner sound, with a little rumble, and like a quality cat back

READY FOR PICS?!

IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg
MISSING ONE :/

There you go ladies, I will try my best to have some video up by Sunday since I'm going to spend some time recording some rolling shots with my rig!

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
Looks sharp my man.

·
Registered
384 Posts
suhhhhhweet brotha!.. now let's see who's the first one between us to post some clips! LMFAO :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice. I see you're in Houston. They are a few of us on here. Need to meet up one day.
Katy/Houston here too! I'd be down.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That looks sweet! Can't wait for vids

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DOWN FOR HOUSTON MEETS!!!

oh so total cost was maybe $250 tops. the muffler shop accidentally quoted me too cheap [like i mind!!] so i ended up payin an even $100 for the work done. that may vary.
but not a bad price considering a good sound.

BUT HERE YOU GO GUYS FOR AUDIO!!

SORRY IT DIDN'T SOUND BETTER ://

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
For $250 that sh1t sounds great!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
**** that sounds great! IMO better then some of the more expensive exhaust systems.

I'm from Sugar Land/ Houston also. I think I've seen you on I10 before near Lockwood outside of downtown but I was on the opposite side of the freeway.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Very nice sir! Links to buy :)
lookup the part numbers on summit racing and you should get a pretty good deal, hopefully shipping is free!

Sevn86 said:
**** that sounds great! IMO better then some of the more expensive exhaust systems.

I'm from Sugar Land/ Houston also. I think I've seen you on I10 before near Lockwood outside of downtown but I was on the opposite side of the freeway.​
who knows, could've been me! i look stock except for the exhaust and K badges. hopefully i'll be able to buy a little something something in the next month. i want coilovers! but i might do that at the end after all the body work cuz i know its a bitccccchhh for most body shops

·
Registered
328 Posts
How is the low rpm drone? The driving video makes it seem as though there is very little but the sound quality is rather poor and I suspect the drone is fairly prevalent. I have the same 30" cherry bomb on my custom exhaust, but it was installed aft of the factory resonator plus I have 2 Borla XS Pros in the stock muffler locations. Despite the extra mufflers vs your setup I had to add a helmholtz pipe to get low rpm drone down to acceptable levels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts